Lotion bars are fun and easy to make! They look like bars of soap but are solid and will melt when rubbed into your skin. They provide tremendous skin benefits and I love to take advantage of the various carrier oils . Feel free to experiment with the benefits of these oils to see what works best for you!
Here is my go to recipe. You can add a combination of essential oils to customize them and fit your specific needs.
With a few simple supplies you can make these little guys effortlessly & effectively!
1 ounce beeswax
1 ounce shea butter
1 ounce fractionated coconut oil (or any of these carrier oils)
- silicone molds or other plastic containers-even small butter bowls
- I like to use the push-up molds shown above
Essential Oils for Pain Relief
8 drops Lavender
8 drops Lemon
4 drops Marjoram
You can get these ingredients oils here
beeswax shea butter coconut oil
lavender lemon marjoram
- Melt your beeswax in a double broiler or in the microwave using 30 second spurts.
- When melted, add shea butter & coconut oil.
- Stir until melted then add your Vitamin E.
- Pop into the microwave for 30 seconds longer if you need.
- Pour into molds and let cool on the counter. If you need to remelt & remold for any reason-no problemo!
- You don’t want to overheat the coconut oil and shea butter as they will get grainy. You will still get the same great moisturizing benefits, but you’ll have to call it an exfoliate bar! 🙂
- Use at least 1 oz of each. Otherwise you won’t have a large enough batch and it will cool too quickly.
- If you mess up-all is not lost. Just remelt them and try again!
Some Other Essential Oils Recipes You May Like
Yes~You Heard Me!
4 Drops Black Pepper
4 Drops Rose Otto
4 Drops Ylang Ylang
(try using rice bran oil as the carrier oil)
8 drops Chamomile
8 drops Lavender
4 drops Rose Otto
8 drops Geranium
6 drops Lemon
4 drops Basil