If you root your phone, you can get access to hundreds of root-only apps that help you utilize the actual power of the device,remove unwanted stock apps, and evenflash new versions of Android in the form of custom ROMs. All that can be yours if you just root your device and flash a custom recovery on it and that’s exactly what I am going to show you.
So if you own a Oneplus 3/3T running oxygen os 4.0.1 or higher based on android nougat 7.1.1 then just follow the steps properly.
Now with that been said let’s start.
Video Tutorial (Highly Recommended)
The prerequisites are
- Your bootloader should be unlocked
- You show have pre-installed TWRP recovery
How to Unlock BootLoader & Install Twrp Recovery
- SuperSu for Oneplus 3t
- SuperSu for Onplus 3
- First download the SUPERSU file for your oneplus 3 or 3t and put that in the internal memory of your device. The SUPERSU file for both the devices are different so make sure to download the right file.
- Once done boot into TWRP recovery abd click on back up option and create a full backup of your rom by swipe the blue button to right and this step is highly recommended because in case your device ended with a boot loop then you can easily restore your rom.
- After backup is done go back and click on install and navigate the SUPERSU file. Now select that and swipe this blue button to right to flash this zip file. Flashing will take hardly 1 minute so relax, once flashing is done click on this option which says wipe cache and dalvik and again swipe this blue button to wipe. Now you can click on reboot system this will basically boot up your device.
- Once boot up is finish you can see that now you have this SuperSu app which means the Root binaries has been successfully installed.
- Now to confirm root open the root checker app and now as you can see my device has successfully rooted. Now there are lots of things that I can do with my device.