1. About Italy
If you want to station at Amazon.it, it is advisable to look at the rankings of all the sites in the country of Italy first. This will help us understand more about this country and the advantages and disadvantages of the platform we are about to enter.
From the above figure, we can see that the top 12 most visited websites in Italy. The search engine has indeed been embedded in everyone’s online life and it is indispensable. Google sits in the top 3, facebook takes the second place. This shows that in Western countries, there are also many patients with severe Internet addiction. Among them, eBay, the shopping website, ranks ninth and Amazon ranks 11th. Now you know why should we choose ebay and Amazon to compare it.
In the shopping category, what is the status of Italy?
From the above figure, you can know that eBay is actually in front of Amazon. The website rankings behind it are also interesting. AliExpress and Alibaba.com ranked also in the top ten, which is quite impressive.
2. The traffic of Amazon Italy station
The above figure is the traffic situation of Italy’s Amazon site, and the total flow in the six months is 300 million. The average monthly visit was 50 million, and the average stay was more than 7 minutes. The average page was more than 8 pages.
3. The traffic source of Amazon Italy station
Above is the composition of the traffic on the Amazon site in Italy. I will not list the figures one by one.
4. Traffic comparison between ebay and Amazon
1. After briefly introducing Amazon, let’s take a look at the specific comparative figures of Amazon and eBay. From the perspective of traffic, Amazon is better than eBay.
2. What are the tricks of traffic construction on these two websites?
eBay outperforms Amazon in search traffic. This proves that eBay is better than Amazon in terms of keyword and seo promotion. However, Amazon has pulled back in the section of traffic introduction. As we all know, Amazon’s alliance promotion is known worldwide. It is not unreasonable here.
3. The first picture of this article shows us that Italy is a country with a high number of Internet addiction patients. Facebook is ranked second in the most visited websites. So we come to the social drainage of the two websites. From the following figure we can see, Amazon’s investment in social network can not be underestimated. eBay is the only one dominant site in top ten, the rest are all occupied by Amazon. If you want to settle in the eBay Italian station, take a look of reddit.com, which ranks seventh.
4. Analysis of advertising traffic sources (Italy station)
Why should we talk about advertising traffic? Let’s take a look at the following diagram. Although the proportion of advertising traffic is almost minimal in terms of both reputation and customer loyalty, there is always a certain amount of traffic. We can see from the figure below that int terms of advertising, it is almost an overwhelming victory for Amazon. Why does Amazon have to display so many ads? Is it related to its affiliate marketing?
The following diagram shows us well where Amazon put its advertisements. eBay’s advertising tends is also quite peculiar.
Well, the above is a brief analysis of the Italian Amazon and eBay. The Italians are known for their beauty and romance. With the well developed social network today, in order to capture the hearts and minds of this group of beautiful Europeans, what kind of goods should be chosen to conquer the market? It is up to you to tell!